A Letter To Future Me - 2035

Hey guys! Today I decided it was about time to write a letter to myself, just to give some advise to my future self. Not only will I be posting it here, but I'm also going to send it using a website called Future Me . Do note that I'm in no way 'endorsing' them, or anything, I'm just saying that that is the site I'll be using. Anyway, I've wanted to write a letter to myself for a while now, and I figure, hey why not kick my butt into action and do it now?! So here you go, a letter to myself to open in 2035.



Dear Me,

           By now you're probably what... 34 or 35? I'm only fourteen, but in twenty years I'll be you. Who knows what I'll be like then! Of course you know, because you're there, but that's besides the point. I'm here to give you some advise. Growing up has been fun, and I've learned a lot, but I don't want you to forget it. I've learned that sometimes it's better just not to comment on something, and sometimes it's better to speak up. Words can hurt, so you must use them carefully. I've been hurt by words, and I've hurt people with my words as well. Words CAN hurt.

          At 34-ish, you've probably been through a lot. Already been through high school and hopefully a good college. Maybe you have a family, a husband or wife, and maybe you have kids. No matter what, cherish these people in your life. Friends and family are the people you can trust to help you through rough times. Be happy, healthy, and be wise. Use your head and your heart together, and never trust one more than the other. They are meant to work together, not apart, because bad decisions come out of using just one.

         Today I sit here in my 8th grade Language Arts class typing, and I'm happy. I've accomplished a lot. Even with upcoming stress (HOMEWORK!), I know that everything will be alright. I've stopped biting my nails, a bad habit that stuck with me for thirteen years before I could shake it off. I keep three hair ties on my wrist at all times. I wear makeup, and Wicked jewelry. I like dresses and skirts, and reading and writing, and I am me.

         Don't ever forget yourself, and if you do happen to lose yourself, go find it. Always read, and always dream. Smile. Breathe. Follow your intuition. There may be people who want to bring you down, but hold your head high and keep a look out for feet trying to trip you. You may not be a child anymore, you're an adult with responsibilities and bills, and I know you can handle it all.

The world is a strange, strange place. You'll have to be just as strange to make it through. I love you, and wish you the best. I hope that when you read this, that you can smile and laugh at your little 8th grade self. 

Love and wishes, Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts